Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shamrock Shakes

Anybody missing Shamrock shakes? I was. It's a yearly tradition for me to make my once a year trip to McDonalds for their Shamrock shakes. So, I decided not to deprive myself and we made one that tasted even better without food coloring and nasty ingredients. It's a birthday over here so we are splurging a bit.

Shamrock Shakes Trim Healthy Mama Way

2 cans Coconut milk
2 Tbsp Truvia
1 tsp. vanilla

Blend in blender and put through ice cream maker. Put ice cream in freezer until you're ready to make your shake.

To make shake combine 2 cups above ice cream, 1 cup almond milk and 1/2 tsp. mint extract in blender. Blend well. You can add food coloring if you really need the green look, but I didn't need that.

Top with homemade whipped cream using heavy whipping cream.
Enjoy!